Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Welcome! We’re thrilled you’ve decided to use our products and services, all of which we refer to simply as the “Services.”
We have drafted these Terms of Services (which we simply call the “Terms”) so that you’ll know the rules that govern our relationship with you. Although we have tried our best to strip the legalese from the Terms, there are places where these Terms may still read like a traditional contract.
- By using the Services, you agree to the Terms. Of course, if you don’t agree with them, then don’t use the Services.
- Many of our Services let you create, upload, post, send, receive, and store content. When you do that, you retain whatever ownership rights in that content you had to begin with. But you grant us a license to use that content.
- You accept to not violate other people’s rights.
- You acknowledge there will be no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users.
- You alone though remain responsible for the content you create, upload, post, send, or store through the Service. Although Igloo reserves the right to review all content that appears on the Services and to remove any content that violates these Terms, we do not necessarily review all of it. So we cannot—and do not—take responsibility for any content that others provide through the Services.
- If you see any content that violates these Terms, you are invited to contact us immediately using our report feature (long tap on the targeted content)
- For an amazing experience with Igloo, respect of others is indispensable!
- Respect any intellectual-property right
- You are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your account.
- We always love to hear from our users. But if you volunteer feedback or suggestions, just know that we can use your ideas without compensating you.
- We are still working on Igloo so that means new features can appear and it may possible others disappear as well.
- You can uninstall the application whenever you want even if we would missed you :’(
- Igloo reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the terms at any time.
Who Can Use the Services ?
No one under 13 is allowed to create an account or use the Services.
If you are using the Services on behalf of a business or some other entity, you state that you are authorized to grant all licenses set forth in these Terms and to agree to these Terms on behalf of the business or entity.
By using the Services, including, but not limited to, by creating, uploading, posting, publishing or submitting any content to Igloo, User acknowledges that such content is non-confidential and grants Igloo, for the duration of the concerned intellectual property right, a worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, nonexclusive, irrevocable license to store, reproduce, display and share said content on the Application, Website or any website or electronic, digital medium, servers and terminals, for the purpose of the provision of the Services.
You represent and warrant that you are the owner or the authorized representative of the owner of all rights, including all copyrights in and to all content you submit to the Services.
The content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
While we’re not required to do so, we may access, review, screen, and delete your content at any time and for any reason, including if we think your content violates these Terms.
The Content of Others
Much of the content on our Services is produced by users, publishers, and other third parties. Whether that content is posted publicly or sent privately, the content is the sole responsibility of the person or organization that submitted it. Although Igloo reserves the right to review all content that appears on the Services and to remove any content that violates these Terms, we do not necessarily review all of it. So we cannot—and do not—take responsibility for any content that others provide through the Services.
If you see any content that violates these Terms, you are invited to contact us immediately using our report feature (long tap on the targeted content)
Respecting Other People’s Rights
Igloo respects the rights of others. And so should you. We will not tolerate objectionable content or abusive users. In details, you may not upload, post, send, or store content that:
- makes the apology of crimes against humanity, promote or encourage racial hatred, child pornography, violence, torture, xenophobia, revisionism, harm to human dignity, harassment, illegal gambling activities, or libel or insult third part, and more generally infringe third party rights or to be prejudicial to a third party, in any way and under any form.
- violates or infringes someone else’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual-property right;
- spams or solicits Igloo’s users.
Igloo Intellectual Property rights
User acknowledges and agrees that the Services, Application, software, Website, and structures, infrastructures, source codes, databases, know-how, methodologies, technologies, equipment, logo, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks or any type of content used by Igloo to provide the Services, including without limitation all patent, copyright, trade secret and other proprietary rights therein, are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Igloo.
We try hard to keep our Services a safe place for all users. But we can’t guarantee it. That’s where you come in. By using the Services, you agree that:
- You will not use the Services for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited in these Terms;
- You will not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface to access the Services or extract other user’s information;
- You will not use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or other users’ content or information without our written consent;
- You will not use the Services in a way that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services;
- You will not use or attempt to use another user’s account without their permission;
- You will not solicit login credentials from another user;
- You will not post content that contains pornography, graphic violence, threats, hate speech, or incitements to violence;
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Services;
- You will not attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ, or attempt to access areas or features of the Services that you are not authorized to access.
- You will not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network;
- You will not encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
You are responsible for any activity that occurs in your account. So it’s important that you keep your account secure. By using the Services, you agree that, in addition to exercising common sense:
- You will not create more than one account for yourself;
- You will not create another account if we have already disabled your account, unless you have our written permission to do so;
- You will not buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your Igloo account or your igloos spaces;
- You will not log in or attempt to access the Services through unauthorized third-party applications or clients.
If you think that someone has gained access to your account, please immediately contact us.
Rights We Grant You
Igloo grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Service’s benefits in a way that these Terms allow.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless applicable laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so.
You are responsible for any mobile charges that you may incur for using our Services, including text-messaging, data charges or the use of a compatible device. If you’re unsure what those charges may be, you should ask your service provider before using the Services.
Modifying the Services and Termination
We’re relentlessly improving our Services and creating new ones all the time. That means we may add or remove features, products, or functionalities, and we may also suspend or stop the Services altogether. We may take any of these actions at any time, and when we do, we may not provide you with any notice beforehand.
While we hope you remain a lifelong Igloo user, you can terminate these Terms at any time and for any reason by deleting your account.
Igloo may also terminate these Terms with you at any time, for any reason, and without advanced notice. That means that we may stop providing you with any Services, or impose new or additional limits on your ability to use the Services. For example, we may deactivate your account due to prolonged inactivity, and we may reclaim your igloo spaces at any time for any reason.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extend permissible by applicable law, Igloo has only an obligation to use all reasonable means to provide the Services. Igloo shall not be liable where its servers are unavailable due to a major event, disruptions to the telecommunications network or in case of a technical intervention on Igloo’s data centre, notably for maintenance of the Services. In addition, Igloo shall not be liable in case of a litigation and/or of any controversy between Users of the Services.
Igloo provides the Services on an “as is” basis with no express or implicit guarantee of any sort. Igloo does not guarantee, represent nor warrant that the Services will be totally free from non-substantial errors, defects and faults and uninterrupted, and that the Services will specifically meet User needs and expectations.
Users may submit some links to third party website or services. Igloo shall not be liable with regard to any third-party website or service to which User may have gained access via the Application. Especially Igloo is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites.
In Case of Conflict
In the event a conflict would arise between a user and Igloo, the user agrees, before initiating any civil action, to contact Igloo and try to find an amicable resolution to the conflict.
If the problem cannot be solved amicably within two (2) months after the first notification of the concern by the user, any action will be brought in Luxembourg before the competent court.
The previous statement is made without regard to conflict of laws or international law provisions.
Effective: August 24, 2016